Run, Maintained by volunteers
Portishead Christmas Lights (referred to as we) are the organisers of the event. We as a committee have the right to refuse entry onto site and to stop any trader/hobbyist if these terms and conditions are not followed.
All Traders T&C's
Portishead Christmas Lights (referred to as we) are the organisers of the event. We as a committee have the right to refuse entry onto site and to stop any trader/hobbyist/stall holder if these terms and conditions are not followed.
1. Pitches are allocated on a first come first served basis. Any request made will be taken into consideration but may not be met.
2. We have allocated a certain number of pitches for different types of stalls, as defined by North Somerset Council. If the allocations in your category is full, you will be placed on a waiting list and if a pitch becomes available you will be offered it, we will of course keep you informed throughout.
3. You as the trader are solely responsible for all aspects of your stall and the products you sell; we can accept no liability.
4. All pitches are outside. You will need to be self-sufficient and provide all your own weather protection, lighting, tables and chairs etc.
5. Electricity is not provided. Any electrical equipment you bring must be PAT tested and IP rated 66.
6. Only Diesel Generators are permitted on site and must be low noise. At booking, you must declare you are bringing a generator and you MUST provide a risk assessment for generator. Any surplus diesel must be kept in a fuel can and stored securely away from public at all times.
7. NO extra space will be available or permitted when you arrive. If extra space is required, you must notify us when applying for your pitch
8. ALL rubbish must be placed in bin bags provided. Cardboard boxes must be flattened. Traders are responsible for keeping both the area in front and back of their pitch tidy and free of rubbish at all times. Traders must leave their site as they found it.
9. We will need to see a copy of your insurance (£5m Public Liability) with your application. You must bring the original document to the event.
10. All Caterers and food stalls must have a food hygiene certificate. A copy of this is required when requested at the payment stage and on the day of the event.
11. This is an outdoor event. Portishead Christmas Lights will not be responsible for any weather conditions that may cancel the event. If the event is cancelled due to extreme bad weather (which has never happened in its history) this will be deemed an act of god and we cannot be held liable.
12. We reserve the right to cancel the event without prior notice, at which point we will refund your stall fee but will not be held liable for any loss of revenue or cost you incur.
13. If the event is cancelled due to Covid19. The following actions can be taken. You will be emailed with which action you want to take. If we do not hear back from you within 5 working days, your pitch fee will automatically be donated to the Portishead Christmas Lights.
13a. Refund issued minus any booking fees or charges
13b. Your pitch is transferred to next year’s event only without any further charges
13c. You can donate your pitch fee to the Portishead Christmas Lights. By doing this, you will no longer have a pitch any future event or less you pay again for a new pitch.
13d. Traders licence fees paid to North somerset Council ; any stall licence fees paid direct to NSC will be carried over to the following year in the event of a cancellation due to weather or Government restrictions due to Covid, however if you do not attend the event or withdraw then there will be no refund available.
14. If you cancel your pitch 1 month prior to the event, you may not receive a refund of your donation.
15. If you do not have all the documents required, you will be refused to trade at the event.
16. All vehicles (that do not form part of your stall), must be removed from the event and parked away from the event site.
17. Check in time is at 1:15pm. You must be on the event site by 2pm. Any later than you may be refused entry and not able to trade.
18. If you have applied for a charity pitch, you must provide us with your charity number. Failure to do so will result in you being charged a NSC business rate for your pitch.
19. Payments are via Eventbrite only. we will not accept any cheques, postal orders cash, bac, PayPal or any other payment methods.
21. THE FOLLOWING STALLS HAVE THE Licence fee already included in their Pitch Fee - Crafters and Charities Only.
20. If you are a commercial trader, you MUST apply for a commercial trading licence via North Somerset Council and be approved. You MUST bring this Licence with you on the day. We are obligated to inform North Somerset Council that you have applied for a commercial pitch and they may carry out an inspection during the event. You as the trader are solely responsible for applying for the licence and any issues you may have or not have before, during and after the event.